The Michigan State University Institute for Health Policy is a unit within the College of Human Medicine (MSU CHM), Division of Public Health. The Institute serves a unique role facilitating and supporting collaborative relationships among CHM faculty and researchers throughout campus. These collaborative activities inform policymakers, state agencies and others with a goal of improving health care delivery in Michigan.
The mission of the Institute for Health Policy is to improve the health status of Michigan residents through health services research, policy analysis, education and outreach and support of quality improvement activities.
- Bruce Bragg is the Acting Associate Director and has been an Outreach Specialist in the Institute since 2007
- Dennis Paradis, MPH provides leadership for the Health Policy unit
- Kathleen Oberst, RN, PhD leads the Health Services Research unit
- Debra Darling, RN, BSN serves as Interim Director of the QI area
The MSU Institute for Health Policy is pleased to announce another NCQA corporate training session for Michigan Medicaid health plans. We have worked with NCQA to develop a one-day session with topics that we hope will be useful and informative:
- Health Plan 2017 Standards & Policy Updates
- Introduction: Interactive Review Tool (IRT)
- HEDIS 2017 Updates
- National Policy Landscape
- Analysis 101
- Utilization Management 4H: Non-Medical Necessity File Review
Works closely with the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS), Michigan Medicaid managed care plans, professional organizations, and community-based agencies on collaborative projects to improve health care delivery in Michigan;
Supports and conducts health research and analysis by MSU faculty on issues of quality of care, access to care, health disparities, and other topics impacting Medicaid, the underserved, and other populations;
Conducts health policy analyses to assist decision makers at state, local, and national levels;
Provides quality improvement technical assistance and support to Michigan Medicaid managed care plans and the Michigan Medicaid program; and
Offers workshops, educational seminars, and web-based education for various audiences and participates in educational functions offered by other MSU colleges and organizations.