Early Periodic Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment (EPSDT)
The Institute for Health Policy remains actively involved in activities related to maternal/child health.
Many IHP maternal/child health initiatives primarily focus on Maternal and Infant Support Services and Early Periodic Screening Diagnosis and Treatment (EPSDT) services.
- EPSDT Foster Care Forms – IHP has worked with the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, Medicaid managed care plans, local public health departments, and other partners to develop a toolkit to provide clinicians with practical tools to assist in identifying and providing EPSDT well-child preventive services.
- Focus groups, reports, and other activities – IHP has conducted a number of activities related to EPSDT service use and delivery.
Project Contact: Kathleen Oberst
EPSDT Clinician Resources
Well-child health examination forms that meet Medicaid EPSDT policy and the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) periodicity schedule may be found on the AAP/Bright Futures website at: brightfutures.aap.org/materials-and-tools/tool-and-resource-kit/Pages/default.aspx.
The Bright Futures Tool and Resource Kit provide forms and tools for health care providers, patients, and families to complete before, during, or after well-child visits. Core Tools include: Previsit Questionnaires, Visit Documentation Forms, and Parent/Patient Education Handouts for the following age categories:
- Infancy (Prenatal to 11 Months)
- Early Childhood (1 to 4 Years)
- Middle Childhood (5 to 10 Years)
- Adolescence (11 to 21 Years)
Supplemental tools are also available.
Note: The Bright Futures Tool and Resource Kit include materials available for download for review and reference purposes only. For any other use, to make multiple copies of specific items, or to incorporate forms into an Electronic Medical Record System, please contact email@example.com.
- Michigan Head Start Association
- Alliance for Immunization in Michigan (AIM) Provider Toolkit
- CDC Immunization information
- MDHHS Clearinghouse Resources
- MDHHS Lead Poisoning Prevention for Health Care Providers
- Links to immunization and lead pamphlets and other MDHHS brochures
- Michigan Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Michigan WIC Information